Note: There are numerous signs directing you the Playhouse once you arrive in Danville.
FROM LEXINGTON (45 min. drive):
- Get on Hwy 27 ( Nicholasville Rd.) going South (through Nicholasville)
- After driving 27 miles on Hwy 27, turn right at stoplight onto Hwy 34. (Following signs to Danville).
- In the city of Danville, at the first stoplight take a left to continue on Hwy 34.
- After the next light there is an immediate vear to the left . Take this vear to the left, onto Hwy 150. (There are also signs pointing to Pioneer Playhouse at this intersection.)
- Stay on Hwy 150 as it crosses Main Street and becomes Stanford Ave.
- Stay on Stanford Ave. / Hwy 150, following Pioneer Playhouse signs.
- After three miles, the theatre will be on your left hand side: 840 Stanford Ave.
FROM LOUISVILLE (2 hour drive ):
- Get on I-64 East (going towards Lexington)
- After about 45 minutes, take Exit 48, Hwy 151 to Lawrenceburg.
- After 8 miles, turn right (South) onto the Hwy 127 By-Pass
- Take Hwy 127 South through Harrodsburg
FROM LOUISVILLE/ HARRODSBURG:
- In Harrodsburg, Stay on Hwy 127 going south.
- There is a Playhouse sign that points to the by-pass, you can take the by-pass around Harrodsburg and get back on Hwy 127 going south, but the best way is to not take the by-pass, to stay on Hwy 127 south, go 10 miles south of Harrodsburg and make a turn left at the first City of Danville sign.
- This road turns into Maple Avenue. (There is a Pioneer Playhouse sign at this exit.) Note: if you miss the first city of Danville exit, keep heading south of Hwy 127 until the second city of Danville exi t –which is a stoplight . Make a left at the light (onto Perryville Road).
- Follow Perryville Road until it turns in to Main Street.
- Stay on Main, go approx 3 miles, make a Right on to Stanford Ave. / Hwy 150. Theatre will be on left hand side on outskirts of town: 840 Stanford Ave.
- After making a left at first city of Danville exit, follow Maple Ave. approx five miles to Main Street, make a left onto Main.
- Pass through the College and Downtown areas, following Playhouse signs.
- After passing through the downtown area, make a Right onto Hwy 150 / Stanford Ave.
- Follow Hwy 150 (Stanford Ave.) two miles, Playhouse will be on the Left.
FROM HARRODSBURG (20 min drive):
- (see directions from Louisville / Harrodsburg – above)
FROM CINCINNATI (2 hour drive):
- Take I-75 South to Lexington
- In Lexington area, take Hwy 60 (Winchester Pike Rd) right (West), towards downtown Lexington.
- Make a left onto Hwy 4 (the Lexington By-Pass).
- Stay on 4 for six miles, take the Nicholasville Road exit
- Make right on to Nicholasville Road (Hwy 27 going south ) — then follow directions from Lexington (above).